I’m not a morning person. I wish I was, but mostly I think mornings are full of sleepy induced anger and coldness. So before I leave for work I like a breakfast that is quick and easy that I can take with me (and anytime I have an excuse to put something in an adorable mason jar, it’s happening). This is a simple and scrumptious oatmeal rendition of a banana nut muffin breakfast.
- Mason Jar (fill to your discretion, this particular recipe made approximately 1-2 jars depending on volume filled)
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 2 3/4 cups milk or water
- 2 ripe bananas sliced
- 1-2 Tablespoons brown sugar (varies depending on ripeness of bananas)
- 1/4 cup Pecans (or to taste)
- Pinch of salt
- Bring liquid to a soft boil
- Add oatmeal and pinch of salt
- Cook for approximately 5-10 minutes until consistency of above image
- Once cooked, add additional ingredients. Stir until combined evenly
- Let oat meal cool then add to jars
- Place in refrigerator for future morning use!
When reheating remove lid, place in microwave and heat for 45 minute increments string in between until desired temperature. And enjoy and deliciously warm breakfast with no morning hassle!
Also, side note, reason there’s no final images other than the aerial view is because it turns our when you try to take a picture of oatmeal in a jar, no matter how delicious it is, it still looks like a jar of throw-up…but it is delicious!